It's easy to get caught up in all the newest trends; we're all guilty of it. The only problem then is when your brand new trendy couch just isn't "cool" anymore. Here are a few tips for decorating your sunroom this Summer that will allow you to leave it that way for years to come!
- Soft and subtle base colors allow the natural light from your windows to keep your sunroom bright. Try a pastel color, light gray, beige or eggshell white.
- Your primary color will be what is on most of your big pieces, so it's best to choose a color you really love.
- Accent colors are where you can go all out! Have fun and just know that these are the ones you can change much easier if you get tired of them later on.
- A comfy couch and a cushioned rocking chair are always an excellent idea for your sunroom.
- If you have the space for it, a hammock with a few of your favorite throw pillows on it makes a perfect spot to relax in the afternoon!
- For smaller spaces, a medium to large bean bag cushion is another fun option for kids and adults!
- Entertaining is made more accessible with a bar cart just big enough for a few glasses and a bottle (or two) of wine.
- At least one area rug is a must-have! Make sure it's something soft enough that you would enjoy walking on often.
- Blanket ladders are simple, space efficient, and very cute! No more work than leaning it up against one of your walls to instantly fill a blank wall space, and you now have a charming place to keep all of your throw blankets.
- Wall art is one of the places you can have lots of fun. You can easily mix fun, sophisticated, simple, and dramatic pieces all in one space to give a feeling of comfort and happiness for anyone that lounges there.
Whatever you decide to do when decorating or redecorating, make sure to have fun with it and make your space feel like it is truly your own. When it's all said and done, enjoy your new sunroom! You've earned it! Looking for ways to incorporate a sunroom design into your home? See eye-catching designs on Facebook at @Sunroom, on Pinterest @FourSeasonsHP or on Instagram @SunroomsWindows