It’s nearly springtime! We've all been longing to see some color and waiting for the first spring bulbs to pop through the thawing soil. Inside, we’re clearing the cobwebs, opening windows and changing out heavy winter decor for bright, bold colors and lighter fabrics. Here are 7 ways to welcome the feeling of spring into your home ...
1. Add a Bird (or Two)No, not a real one -- an art print or sculpture will do rather nicely, and the brighter the décor item the better! After all, what says spring like the return of so many of the birds that we haven't had the pleasure of seeing since late last summer?
2. Add a Splash of Sunshine With Bright YellowChange out dark, wintry throw pillows for some bright yellow ones, or reupholster your dining room chairs in the cheery hue. Just as bright yellow daffodils brighten up a winter-to-spring landscape, a few touches of yellow will brighten up your home for the season faster than almost any other color -- even on those days when April showers can make your house seem a bit dark and dreary!
3. Spread Some Tulips or Paper-whites Around the HouseWhether bright or pastel hues are your preference, tulips and Paper-whites are quintessential spring flowers, and they’ll add a touch of elegance along with a welcome burst of soft spring color. They also do well in pots placed in bright, well-lit areas!
4. Paint a Bold Accent WallSaturate just one wall in your living room, dining room, foyer or kitchen with a bold spring color, like this lively green. (It's just one wall, so it's color without too much commitment.) Then, add something pretty, like a table with some cheerful spring flowers or a beautiful framed art print.
5. Bring a Room to Life With Bright, Bold Throw PillowsPut away the dark, cozy colors until next winter, and bring out some bright spring-y prints and solids in bold colors for an inexpensive, but distinct touch of spring.
6. Hang Some Gauzy CurtainsSpring is about lightness, airiness and romance, and what better way to symbolize all of those things than with a billowy pair of gauzy curtains as you open a window to let some of that fresh, mild air into your home this spring?
7. Wake up Your Front Door Area, Porch or SunroomCreate a show-stopping display at your front door or in your sunroom made up entirely of spring-blooming bulbs in clay pots. Try tulips, hyacinths, daffodils, crocus, snowdrops, and more exotic varieties like Peruvian daffodils (aka spider flowers).
Looking for ways to incorporate a sunroom design into your home? See some of our eye-catching designs on Facebook at @Sunroom, on Pinterest @FourSeasonsHP or on Instagram @SunroomsWindows!