What are your New Year resolutions for 2018? Is buying a new home one of them? Well, hold that thought. How about revamping your current home into a whole new house? Sounds good, right? Let's get started.
1. A Modern Lick of PaintLavender is in season this year. I wonder where this color has been all along because suddenly, lavender paints are running out of stock. Painting your home makes a whole lot of difference. The trick is to do something different yet creative. But don't go overboard with color.
Tip: You can rarely go wrong with bright and neutral colors.
2. Let the Light InLook around your home and identify "sunlight spots". If there is a way you can let this light in, by all means, do it. A big, open replacement window works magic. The secret is to add extra touches like a few potted plants or window sofas to make use of that space. And if security is not a problem for you, invest in broad windows panes for the other rooms as well. Not forgetting rooftop windows; although this largely depends on your roofing design.
Tip: The larger the windows, the more the light.
3. Make a Fashion Statement with DecorIt's time for the old decor to go and let in new ideas. How about starting with your sunroom or conservatory? Here is what you can do;
a bright color to naturally reflect the sunlight and make your room look
colored throw cushions (a bright color mixed with a dark one blend
a small fluffy carpet or any neatly woven rug beside your furniture.
the use of furniture to add more living space.
DIY decor vases to add style.
4. Fix the Broken FixturesBroken fixtures make your home look old and uninviting. Broken door knobs, handles, and the likes must go. Some of these repairs can be minor, but they will make a huge difference in your home.
Tip: To reduce the budget try a few DIYs to repair simple fixtures like door knobs.
5. Spread the Love to Your BathroomsShowers are the least considered rooms when doing renovations: Maybe because they tend to be hidden in the corners. This year, don't forget your bathrooms. Add a few stylish mirrors and decor to awaken them. Include custom made storage units as well.
Tip: Re-purposed wrought iron shelving is the new trend. They make your bathrooms look rustic.
For these and more tips, keep reading our blog or follow us on Twitter. Looking for more inspiration? Stop in and visit us on Facebook at @Sunroom, on Pinterest @FourSeasonsHP or on Instagram @SunroomsWindows.