Thanksgiving is the holiday that draws everyone home. Fragrant pies baking in the oven, families tossing a football, children playing in the leaves, couples cozied by the fire - when it comes to Thanksgiving, there's simply no place like home. Your sunroom is the ideal place to enjoy the beauty of fall while entertaining those you love. Here are 5 easy decor ideas to make your sunroom festive for Thanksgiving. Best of all, each of these ideas can be reused for Christmas too!
- Keepsake Runner- Buy a white or neutral table runner and fabric markers. Use the runner during your Thanksgiving meal. Once the meal is done and the table is cleared, ask each guest to sign the back of the table runner with fabric markers, and include something they are thankful for. Each year, your loved ones can add their thankful thoughts to the back of the runner. The handwriting of children, the growing list of blessings, and the memories of those you celebrated with will make this an heirloom to treasure. (Reuse for any meal, since your thankful thoughts are on the back.)
- Elegant Pinecones- Collect pine cones from your yard (or craft store). Cover them with a coat of gold spray paint. Once dry, cluster them around candles on your sunroom table for a luxurious yet inexpensive centerpiece. (Reuse at Christmas atop evergreen or holly branches.)
- Dried Leaf Wreath- Attach a loop of ribbon to a foam wreath from your craft store with hot glue. Collect colorful leaves from your yard and attach to the wreath using hot glue. Hang in your sunroom for natural splendor. (Reuse at Christmas by coating wreath in gold spray paint and attaching clusters of red berries or buttons.)
- Cranberry Centerpiece- Fill a round shallow dish (like a pie plate) with an inch of water. Pour enough fresh cranberries in the dish to almost cover the surface of the water. Set tea lights among the floating cranberries. Place on your sunroom table and light the tea lights before guests arrive. (Reuse at Christmas, since cranberries have the perfect hue.)
- Ambient Tree- Dress up a sunroom ficus or plant with a string of warm glowing lights. As the sun goes down, the holiday warmth will continue. Simmer a pot of cinnamon, cider and orange slices on the stove to add to your cozy haven. (Reuse these lights throughout Christmas, or even year round).
Looking for ways to incorporate a sunroom design into your home? See eye-catching designs on Facebook at @Sunroom, on Pinterest @FourSeasonsHP or on Instagram @SunroomsWindows.